Ryspaev Askhat Nauryzbayevich - editor-in-chief, doctor of philosophy (PhD), associate professor, corresponding member of the academy of military sciences, President of JSC «Center for military-strategic research», major general of the reserve;Bayseitov Gani Nuralievich - deputy editor-in-chief,candidate of technical sciences, general director of «R&D Center Kazakhstan Engineering» LLP, colonel of the reserve;
MEMBERS OF THE EDITORIAL BOARD
Moldamurat Kh. - candidate of technical sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of «Space Engineering and Technology» of the L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MANUSCRIPTS PUBLISHED
IN THE SCIENTIFIC JOURNAL «SARDAR»
1. Articles in the scientific journal «Sardar» should cover current problems in the field of geopolitics, international and national security, military, military-technical, social and humanitarian sciences.
The most significant scientific works that have not been published anywhere before, corresponding to the subject, having scientific novelty and containing materials of the author's own scientific research are accepted for publication in the journal. Articles can be published in one of three languages: Kazakh, Russian and English.
The volume of the article is from 5 to 10 pages, including an abstract, keywords, tables, figures and a bibliographic list. The article is submitted to the editorial office in electronic and paper versions in one copy. The article should contain the UDC and the code of the interstate rubricator of scientific and technical information - IRSTI.
2. Articles should be executed in the MS Word 2016-2021 text editor and edited strictly according to the following parameters:
- the orientation of the sheet is bookish;
- A4 format;
- margins: top and bottom – 20 mm, left – 30 mm, right – 15 mm;
- font Times New Roman;
- font size for the entire article, except for the figure caption – 12 pt;
- figure caption – 10 pt;
- line spacing – single;
- page width alignment;
- paragraph indentation – 1.25 cm (without using the «Tab» or «Space» keys).
- page numbering;
- using page breaks in the text;
- using automatic paginated links;
- using automatic transfers;
- using sparse or compacted letter spacing.
3. At the beginning of the article, the UDC index is located on the left side and the IRSTI is below it, then the author's surname and initials are in bold in the center. In the following separate lines, the full name of the organization (without abbreviations) is given in italics in the center. If there are several organizations, then the name of each begins with a separate line and is numbered with an upper index, which is supplied with the corresponding surnames of the authors.
The title of the article is typed in the center in capital letters at the request of STST 7.5-98 «Journals, collections, information publications» in bold.
Below (one line apart) is typed a short abstract and keywords in three languages. The abstract should contain 100-150 words, which should briefly reflect the structure of the article and be informative, not repeat the title of the article, the number of keywords (phrases) should not be less than five.
Structurally, the abstract should include the following aspects of the content of the article: subject, topic, purpose of the work; method or methodology of the work; results of the work; scope of the results; conclusions.
In order to avoid distortion of the author's meaning when translating the title, annotation and keywords into English, electronic translators should not be used.
After the keywords, a line apart, follows the text of the article.
Tables should have numbers and names that should be indicated above the tables.
Illustrations (graphs, diagrams, diagrams) are made in the form of drawings, and should be placed in the text after the reference to them without abbreviations. The names and numbers of the graphic material should be indicated under the image. Drawings are made in compliance with the relevant standards in the Paint (Paintbrush) mode. Graphs, charts, histograms must be in Microsoft Excel mode, and are inserted into the text as a Microsoft Excel object. All graphic materials must be made with a resolution of at least 300 dpi.
Mathematical, physical and other notations and formulas are typed in the formula editor mode (Microsoft Equation), in an oblique font. The formulas are centered. Formula numbers are at the right extreme edge of the page in parentheses. Decryption of formula parameters – from the red line with the word «where», with the enumeration of parameters in a line, separated by a semicolon.
Tables, graphics and formulas should not go beyond the specified fields.
The text of the article is followed by a list of sources used. The list of sources used is numbered in the order of references in the text in accordance with STST 7.1-2003 «Bibliographic record. Bibliographic description. General requirements and rules of compilation» adopted by the Interstate Council for Standardization, Metrology and Certification (Protocol No. 12 of July 2, 2003). References are placed in square brackets and numbered as they are mentioned in accordance with the requirements of STST 7.32-2017, for example , [5,7]. The bibliographic description of each source must meet the requirements for the design of the literature, indicating the publisher, the number of pages, etc.
Abbreviations and symbols should be explained in the note. All abbreviations and abbreviations should be deciphered at the first use in the text (in parentheses).
After the list of references on the right, the surname, first name, patronymic of the authors (in full), academic degree and academic title (if any), military rank, position, place of work and email address are presented.
4. The texts of articles received by the editorial board are not reviewed. The opinion of the authors does not always coincide with the opinion of the editors. The editorial board reserves the right to reduce the volume of the material and its literary editing, as well as to refuse publication if the article does not correspond to the profile of the journal or has a poor quality of presentation of the material, and also does not meet these design requirements. At the same time, a written response to the author about the publication of the article or refusal of publication is not provided. Manuscripts submitted to the editorial office are not returned.
5. The author, when submitting manuscripts of a scientific article, should be guided by the requirements for the protection of state secrets in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated March 15, 1999 No. 349-1 «On State Secrets», the article should not contain information of limited distribution.
It is necessary to attach to the manuscript of the scientific article:
- a certificate of the results of checking for the presence of borrowings (the permissible amount of borrowing should not exceed 30%);
- a review of the article by specialists who conduct research in areas close to the subject.
6. The manuscript must be carefully verified. Manuscripts that do not meet the technical requirements will be returned for revision. Returning for revision does not mean that the manuscript has been accepted for publication.
7. When submitting a manuscript for publication in the journal, the authors are responsible for the absence of plagiarism, the selection and reliability of the facts, quotations, statistics, proper names and other information provided.
Materials should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the postal address: index 010000, Astana, Auyezova Street 2, Joint-Stock Company «Center for Military and Strategic Studies».